As a business owner, it’s up to you to decide how to allocate your organization’s resources. Should you buy an off-the-shelf software solution or should you invest in a custom platform that’s specifically designed for your particular
business? It’s up to you.
While you may be tempted to save money in the short-term by buying a cookie cutter app for your business, it may end up costing you in the long run. In many instances, off-the-shelf software applications either have features you won’t use, they don’t have all the capabilities you need or both. With canned programs often lacking one way or another, over 70 percent of companies have stopped trying to find one.
Although paying for custom software development is more expensive than a pre-made alternative, the return you can realize from your investment can far exceed the added upfront expense. If you hire a software developer to create custom software for internal use, your app may pay for itself quickly by streamlining your processes, eliminating redundant tasks, providing faster access to vital information from local and remote locations, increasing collaboration and more.
External Benefits of Custom Web Software
While the internal benefits that custom app development can provide are certainly meaningful, so are the benefits that involve your existing clients and prospects. Here are five ways that a hiring an app developer to create a custom
app for your business can help your organization:
- Reinforced Branding: When someone sees your software, your company’s logo will be visible on the person’s screen. The presence of your logo on the screens of consumers will motivate them to think of your business when they need your goods or services. In fact, having your logo on their screens will lead consumers to think of your brand even when they’re not in the market for what you’re selling.
- Improved Customer Experience: With customized software, people can access the things you sell or provide services whenever they want to do so without having to visit your website. If you don’t have a help line that’s available around the clock, your app can give users the opportunity to contact your business online 24/7.
- Enlarged Network: Custom software can increase the network of consumers who are aware of your brand and your products or services. You can integrate your software with social media sites like Facebook, Twitter
and Instagram with ease.
- Increased Referrals: If your custom software helps people save time, enables them to make purchases seamlessly, keeps them entertained or is simply that fantastic and engaging, it’s likely that users will want to tell others about it. What business wouldn’t enjoy getting referrals from satisfied customers?
- Increased Revenue: If your software allows users to place orders for your goods or services, it can be another revenue channel in addition to your website and physical retail location.
Contact Source Web Solutions
If you’re ready to start enjoying the benefits of having customized software for your organization, we encourage you to contact Source Web Solutions. For more than 15 years, Source Web Solutions has been creating custom apps for
businesses in many industries. As a software developer, we invite you to look through our portfolio now. To discuss getting custom software with
the experts, contact us today.